Merle R. DiVita, CFP®, CIMA®
President, CEO / LPL Registered Principal
Merle R. DiVita is the Founder of SWAN Investing®. This trademarked philosophy is designed to guide her clients towards their goal to SWAN (Sleep Well At Night).
Merle brings to her clients over 30 years experience as a financial services professional. Merle has a talent for making the complex simple and understandable. Her professional designations include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner, 1984
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®), 2000
Internationally accredited certification conferred by the Investment Management Consultants Association in conjunction with the world renowned Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Her securities registrations, held through LPL Financial include:
- FINRA Series 24
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 63
- FINRA Series 65
Merle also holds a California Life and Health Insurance License (#0789042).
Ms. DiVita is a certified facilitator for three national financial educational programs:
- PREP Seminars for Women, The National Center for Women and Retirement Research from Long Island University, South Hampton, New York.
- The Women’s Financial Information Program, AARP’s National Women’s Initiative.
- “Beyond Middle Age: Planning for the Rest of Your Life” Program, a national cooperative educational effort of The American Express Company and the American Society on Aging.
Currently in private practice, Merle’s areas of specialization include:
- Women in Transition
- Generational Transfer
- Income Planning
- Comprehensive financial planning
- Wealth Management
- Portfolio Evaluations
Whether you are an individual seeking investment guidance or a small business looking for the best ways to grow, initial consultations with Merle are always complimentary.
Merle has served her community as:
- Member, Board of Advisors of the nationally acclaimed Rubicon Theatre Company
- Founding Member, Board of the San Buenaventura Foundation for the Arts
- Founding Mother, The Ventura County Professional Women’s Network
- Charter Member, The Women’s Legacy Fund at the Ventura County Community Foundation
- Charter Member, Ventura County Women’s Political Council
- Member, Just Women
- Member, US Girls
- Member, Ladies’ Luncheon
- Member, Ventura Contacts N Coffee
- Member, Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers
- Participant, No More Nylons-Women’s Business Social
Merle has received the following honors and awards:
- Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, 1992-1993
Inclusion is based on the reference value of individuals who become eligible for listing by virtue of their positions and/or noteworthy achievements that have proved to be of significant value to society.
- Who’s Who of American Women, 1997-1998
Inclusion to “chronicle the lives of individuals whose achievements and contributions to society make them subjects of widespread reference interest and inquiry.” Albert Nelson Marquis
Merle is in private practice providing independent financial planning, wealth management, retirement income planning, and investment guidance to individuals and small businesses as an LPL Financial Advisor registered in several states. Sequential Financial Designs offices are located in the historic Elizabeth Bard Memorial Building in downtown Ventura.